Keen to develop organic, sustainable supply chains with respect for the men and women involved, Melvita has developed two fair trade-approved supply chains in Morocco.
For over 25 years, Melvita has been an expert in argan oil, so it was important to us that we support our long-standing producers in Morocco.
We have built up a value chain around our local producers.
• Over 250 women harvest the argan nuts, crack them open and sort the kernels.
• The Zit Sidi Yassine and Argamar companies cold-press the kernels to obtain the oil.
Our ethical, fair trade approach, which complies with the ESR* standard, is based on:
• fair pay, with no speculation,
• a long-term partnership, with a commitment to three-year contracts,
• a 50% down payment on orders,
• technical support, which guarantees quality, traceability, ethics, and the protection of biodiversity.
(*Fairness, Solidarity and Responsibility, according to the Ecocert standard available at www.ecocert.com)